Friday, February 13, 2015

word of the week #7


Somewhat clichéd choice the day before Valentine's Day I realise, and I am also acutely aware of how often I use the word lovely on this blog, but it has been a lovely week! I had a great birthday spent with The Husband and my family, and felt very spoilt indeed.

I've also seen a few different friends this week, including a nice after work catch up last night. We got some new lights for the hall which I'm really pleased with, they really finish it off and it makes me smile every time I come in. It finally feels like home as soon as I walk through the door.


12 comments:

  1. Well, this is all just lovely! Sounds like you've had a great week, hope you have a lovely weekend, too :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jocelyn - the weekend has been lovely so far, and thank you for visiting x

      Delete
  2. Glad that you had a lovely birthday! Nothing wrong with things being lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy - and thanks for visiting xx

      Delete
  3. I think 'lovely' is an excellent word, it is gentle, happy, appreciative, understated. One of my favourite words actually! Do pleased to hear you had a good birthday, I do think it is important to celebrate birthdays xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes wonder if it is a bit bland, but your description describes it wonderfully! I do like to celebrate birthdays, more on that tomorrow! Thanks again for stopping by xx

      Delete
  4. glad you had a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Happy Birthday to you, so glad to hear you had a good day! Lovely is, well, a lovely word! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jane! and thank you for visiting and commenting xx

      Delete
  6. This does all sound pretty lovely indeed! Happy belated birthday. It is my birthday this week too (o: It is nice to hear that someone is having a great time amidst all of the winter illness that everyone has had (o:

    #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much, and happy birthday to you too! hope it was lovely. so sorry to hear you have been poorly, we seem to have avoided it so far this month, hope you feel better soon xx

      Delete