Sunday, February 01, 2015

first things first



The first day waking up at home after our long trip away. The jet lag is still in effect, and we were both up and about before six. It does mean that all of the washing is done, and we have spent a relaxed morning in front of the fire, enjoying our cuddles with Millie, and watching the tennis.

The first time I have blogged on the laptop in a long time, and I have finally managed to reply to all of your recent comments. I was thrilled with how many people have commented on recent posts, I really do appreciate people taking the time to say something, and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get round to writing back! Next up is reading through my bloglovin backlog, though I fear that may take a little longer.

The first senses of getting back into a usual routine, getting ready for work tomorrow, planning the week ahead, and settling back into the rhythm of daily life. I also hope to join back in with Amanda's #celebratingdailiness throughout February. I really enjoyed taking part on twitter for the first few days of January but it didn't seem right to link up with it while were having our Australian adventures. I think it will be a lovely way to enjoy all the small things that make home, and everyday life, so special, as we return to normality.

The first of February also means that my birthday is fast approaching. Which means that this will be the month in which I enter the final year of my twenties. After a lovely holiday, and a great homecoming, I'm feeling happy and positive about the year ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, I enjoy reading your blog and would like to nominate you for a Liebster award. You can find the details here: http://spiralspun.com/2015/02/04/liebster-award/
    (I completely understand if you don’t want to take part and will not feel offended in any way if you choose not to) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thank you so much. You have reminded me about Penny's previous nomination which I had gradually forgotten about, so I may well copy you and do two in one!

      Delete