Sunday, February 08, 2015

365: week 6



32. A highly filtered picture of the daffodils on the dressing table. Sunday was spent still getting over jet-lag and doing washing so this was a last-minute heading to bed photo!




33. Early starts as my body clock readjusted, and I spent this week loving the sights of home. It was lovely being outside in the bright February mornings.




34. There is something of a theme to this weeks photographs, early morning landscapes that caught my eye!




35. And again, the blue skies and old buildings drew my eye as I waited to cross the road on my way into work.




36. An early dog walk with Millie before a day working from home, definitely enjoying being a morning person this week!




37. The window at the train station caught my eye so I snapped a sneaky pic, only to be mortified when I realised someone was stood round the corner watching me. I wish I was more brazen about taking pictures, I still get very self-conscious about it! All of the city pictures above were surreptitiously snapped as I was walking down the street, or waiting at crossings!




38. After we came home to our beautifully redecorated hall, thanks to our parents, we bought some new lights and I'm thrilled with how they finish the room, and also the fabulous pattern they cast on the ceiling!




14 comments:

  1. Loving all the outdoor ones in the morning. I love that the lighter mornings are creeping in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it makes the walk to work so much cheerier! thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. What lovely blue skies! Love the light fitting too - so nice to have something different , mine are so dull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'm still pleased with them each morning - room by room we are getting there!

      Delete
  3. Love those lights.

    I always take photos on my way in and out of work - nearby there's some great buildings and garden. But I've been caught quite a lot by colleagues who think I'm plain weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emma! I know what you mean, stopping in the middle of all of the commuters to take some pictures always makes me feel a bit silly! x

      Delete
  4. Lovely capturing the buildings and sights as your week passed. I've had people come up and check if I'm okay when they've seen me lying in a field or in some strange position - they're usually rather embarrassed when they realise I'm taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so funny - you sound much more professional than me, mine are usually a hasty one handed snap as I walk past trying to look inconspicuous! thanks for visiting and commenting! x

      Delete
  5. I am like you Katie, I am too embarrassed to go out and about with my camera, mainly incase someone asks to see my photographs,which are never up to much! Love your early morning photographs X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I'd never even thought of that!! Probably because on a day-to-day basis I still use the phone - though having got used to our camera on holiday I am really missing it x

      Delete
  6. What lovely photos! Absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much Kim - and thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  7. I love your daffodil picture, and your new lights too! xx

    ReplyDelete