Thursday, February 26, 2015

day 5

For my final day of the "5 day black and white challenge" I have done a little time travelling. Four weeks ago today we were still in Australia, The Husband, Grandad and I celebrated the final evening of our trip with a meal at the top of the Sydney Tower, in the revolving restaurant. For a couple of hours we had a delicious meal and watched the sun set over the city and its suburbs. We slowly saw the landscape change, taking in the landmarks, trying to locate familiar places and pinpoint areas where our beloved family lived. It was a lovely end to a memorable trip, and it seems such a long time ago now already. Life has settled back into the daily routine, work fills the days, and yet something remains. As well as the relationships forged with our relatives, and the memories created, I have continued to feel buoyed by our travels. Partly because our parents had done such a wonderful job of making our home so welcoming for our return, partly because I have managed to maintain the readjusted body clock and life feels so much better for being a morning person, and partly just a simple sense of joy that has stayed with me. The trip reminded me how lucky we are, and just how much good the days can be filled with, and so it is with much happiness that I choose this picture, taken of one of the incredible lights on our final night. 




For the last nomination I have chosen two people! I'm not sure if that's allowed, but in my defence, Laura from Circle of Pine Trees, who I nominated yesterday, had already done the challenge over on Instagram! I have not yet succumbed to what I am sure would be another daily distraction and don't have an account, so I hadn't seen them, but I have checked them out and they are as beautiful as I would have thought. So I go to two extremes with my choices today, Tess from driftwood whose fabulous blog I have followed for a long time now, and who even used to be kind enough to comment on my old blog, and Kim from Spiral Spun who I have only just begun to follow, but who has a beautiful blog that I am enjoying exploring. As with Penny, Kriss and 76sunflowers, do not feel any pressure to join in straight away or at any point. Finally, thank you so much to Jane for the kind nomination, it has been a really enjoyable challenge, and it encouraged me to blog in a week when I would otherwise have ignored this site altogether, and I feel all the better for it!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Katie, I would love to take up the challenge. I've enjoyed looking at your pictures this week. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim! look forward to seeing your pictures :) x

      Delete
  2. That is rather quite beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was mesmerising, and I love that you can spot the little imperfections in it too :) x

      Delete
  3. thanks for the nomination Katie and the kind words x it will be fun to think in black and white, I haven't done that for ages x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tess - look forward to seeing your pictures :) x

      Delete