Tuesday, February 24, 2015

day three

Another architectural image tonight, and another picture taken as I dashed across the city in the dark after a long day at work. Hopefully a bit of variation tomorrow, I will perhaps take a picture indoors, or maybe in daylight!




This photo is my third entry for the 5 Day Black and White Challenge. I was very kindly nominated by Jane, and my nominees so far are Penny and Kriss. For tonight's nomination I choose 76sunflowers, another recently discovered blog full of great photography. I first thought that 76sunflowers was already taking part, but now realise, thanks to her comment* on yesterday's post, that is a different black and white photography project running on a weekly basis. As previously, no obligation to take part, but please do if you would like to!

*Thank you so much all for your recent comments, and I will reply to each and every one soon. I do so love getting them, I just haven't been home much to reply these last few days. In the meantime, a general thank you to everyone who has visited these pages!

8 comments:

  1. You're always dashing around your city in the dark! ;) This is rather eerie and makes me wonder where it leads. Thanks for the nomination! I love photography and this gives me the excuse to go B&W crazy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it feels like an occupational hazard! I think it's mainly cause its usually raining and I seem to always break my umbrellas! so glad you are able to join in, looking forward to seeing your pictures. It's funny how this one turned out, the character of it changed completely in B&W, it was actually quite bright, and looked much more inviting!

      Delete
  2. That is a very atmospheric photograph Katie! I will be taking up the challenge soon. I promise! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Penny, and thanks for your comments. Please don't feel under any pressure to join in at all, whenever suits you :) xx

      Delete
  3. I think these night shots of yours are rather wonderful - keep stopping to take a photo when your're out dashing late at night! Just managed to get in day 2 after some computer problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and thanks for your photos :)

      Delete
  4. This picture is amazing! Love the lights, almost eerie looking :) Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment :) x

      Delete