Friday, November 28, 2014

that friday feeling

Well the travel was worthwhile, a really interesting trip, and that is the best you can ask. It makes being away from home feel more justified. As lovely as it is to see new cities, I seem to have an ever growing list of places to go back and visit with The Husband so that I can properly explore.




It is so good to be home, better still to have had a brilliant night with family. There is a music quiz my parents' friends run twice a year and we spent the evening there. They said tonight they have been running it for seventeen years now and I think perhaps we have been going ever since it started. It has become a real family tradition and I always really look forward to it. We never manage to win but it is always great fun and a really relaxed night with family and friends. It's weird to think now that I have been going for nearly two thirds of my life. Long may it continue, maybe one day we might even win!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, love your photo of the Scot Monument. Your family quiz sounds such good fun. We always do a Christmas quiz after Christmas dinner, put together by my husband X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it was a hastily grabbed picture as I dashed to the station! I love a good quiz, hope this year's Christmas quiz was a success x

      Delete