1. Everything you own is covered in an indelible film of dog hair. Every time you wear a coat you find a supply of little plastic dog waste bags (unused I hasten to add) in every pocket
2. Nothing below waist height can be assumed to be safe. Clothes, towels, skirting boards are all prime chewing targets.
3. Even if the dog has never been allowed any food from your plate at any point in her life, you will never again be allowed to eat a meal in peace, instead being constantly disturbed by a wet nose appearing at your side trying to win some scraps.
4. Any plans that take you out of the house for more than a few hours require careful consideration. On any trip away without the dog you have at least three conversations a day discussing how you think the dog is.
5. Even a quiet, low key Saturday night in front of the tv becomes relaxing
family time with the dog curled up across your knees. Just a shame about the state of your clothes when you come to go to bed!