Saturday, August 08, 2015

word of the week #32



So many new things this week. A new job, in a new place, with a new boss, and so far all is going well. This placement is quite a short one and then I will move on again so I'm looking forward to really making the most of the next few months.

It has been the new series of Great British Bake Off and I spent last night baking the first technical challenge, more on that in another post! I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the habit of coming home on a Friday night and getting lost in some baking, apron on, glass of red wine and mastermind on in the background. The Husband sat in the kitchen on his laptop while I baked and it was a happy few hours of quiet company, with Millie wandering around the kitchen with me.

Some new photo challenges, which I am enjoying taking part in, and have really caught my imagination over the last week. It has been nice to try something a bit different and find some new people on Instagram.

Our porch is also looking like new thanks to my wonderful step-dad coming and painting it for us after my grandad plastered it a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to buying a new light, and some new pictures to finish it off. Walking up the drive is such a happy feeling, especially as my stepdad kindly mowed our lawns too. 

Hope you have had a lovely week too.



10 comments:

  1. My dad had been and mowed my lawn while I was at work yesterday morning; it is a nice thing to come home to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely word, and so much 'new'! Glad the new job's going well, and that you're enjoying Instagram so much - I love it there! Sounds like a nice Friday night, too :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting! Instagram is lovely isn't it! x

      Delete
  3. New = exciting challenges and adventures ahead. You sound so happy, enjoy the change & newness of it all
    #WordOfTheWeek
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for such a lovely comment Tracey, and thank you for visiting x

      Delete
  4. Lots of new things...good luck with the placement! I love the Bake Off too. Hope you're having a great weekend? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jane, lots of lovely weekends recently, hope you have too xx

      Delete
  5. Lots of 'new' , such a good choice of word! Really enjoying your August Break photos upon Instagram x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Penny, enjoying your photos too, thanks for introducing the project to me!! x

      Delete