Friday, January 16, 2015

word of the week #3



...is feeling incomprehensible. I'm eleven hours ahead of my family, and go to bed as they wake up. Tomorrow I cross a state line and gain another hour. Making it exactly twelve hours difference between home and here*. Incredible. Bizarre to have lost a day and yet somehow feel like I have fitted so much into the last week.

...is losing all meaning. I am not, as I have frequently mentioned, a morning person. And yet today I awoke at five, ate breakfast at 7.30 and by ten had done a long walk too. I love rising early and starting my day as the sun comes up.

...is being kind. I can't believe that, although the days are flying by, we have had the opportunity to come away for such a long trip. Great to think we are not even half way through our holiday, and to have days of travel stretching ahead.

...is best spent in the company of family, especially The Husband. As much as I am missing home, particularly my parents and Millie, it has been great to spend some time with my family here in Australia. It has felt incredibly lucky to be able to come on such a special trip with grandad and share some amazing experiences with him. And after months of feeling like time with each other was snatched between trips for work it is wonderful to be away with The Husband, enjoying each other's company and exploring a new country together.

*told you it was incomprehensible! Have since realised it has gone the other way so ten hours difference rather than eleven, and definitely not twelve!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having an amazing time, and it's great to hear that time is being kind, too. My in-laws are holidaying in Australia at the moment, too :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - have really enjoyed taking part, even while I've been away. Hope your in-laws had a wonderful trip. x

      Delete
  2. It sounds like such an exciting adventure you are on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kim, and thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  3. My family lives in the Philippines and when I wake up my sister is almost off to go to home from work. But we try to make of what time we have together online. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. technology has been a brilliant help for keeping in touch! thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  4. Ooh! Exciting times! Enjoy every minute! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Enjoy the rest of your trip x

    ReplyDelete