Sunday, January 04, 2015

the year in books: january

I'm looking forward to joining in with the year in books again this year, and hopefully blogging a little more regularly about the books I've read. I tailed off last year, but in December I did a summary of all of the books I remembered reading over recent months. I have received lots of books for Christmas, and picked this one to be my first read.



I think I will likely get through quite a few books in January, both because my commute starts up again tomorrow, and also because I have holidays coming up. I may have to resort to the kindle (I much prefer real books!) purely from a baggage allowance perspective, but hopefully this time next month I will have a few books to tell you about. Have you read The Humans? What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait for your January book reviews since I'm always looking for something new to read. I haven't heard of The Humans, but I'll definitely be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Joanne! review post coming shortly!

      Delete
  2. I am not familiar with Matt Haig but have just opened his webpage in a separate window for some exploring. I look forward reading all about The Humans next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of The Humans will be interested to read what you think if it. I am with you on the books thing am resisting a kindle or similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting - the review post is coming soon!

      Delete
  4. Read a book by him called The Radleys which was a kind of parody of teenage vampire novels. Very funny. would like to read another so will look out for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Doris! I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. I've got The Humans on my kindle but haven't read it yet. I'd forgotten I had it!

    ReplyDelete