Friday, January 02, 2015

word of the week #1

It's quite tempting in these last few days off work to excitedly join in with lots of blogging projects, only to inevitably fail to keep up with them when real life kicks in again. So without any promise of long-term commitment, I thought I would join in with Jocelyn's word of the week project this week, having often seen it on twitter last year.

I make no claim to artistic skills, and no vow to hand-draw my words in future weeks, but I was doodling over lunch and decided to illustrate this week's word in a new notebook. I have grand visions of getting to the end of the year with a notebook of weekly words but one day at a time for now! Also not sure we have the luggage capacity for me to take coloured pencils off to Australia!




The last week began in a post-Christmas haze of illness, feeling rubbish and sleeping away the days on the sofa, dosing up on medicine and the last of the chocolate coins. I had an extended pity party, especially as I trudged to work on Monday feeling under the weather and cheated of my long weekend off work. Now though, I'm feeling much better (although many of my family are still suffering), and am starting the New Year appreciating being well, and with renewed focus on optimising my health.

Yesterday there was a long dog walk (with brief attempts at running), today there has been a vegetable packed food shop (and another walk planned shortly). It is good to feel well-rested, well-recovered, and positive about the year ahead. Here's to a happy and healthy new year.

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with the health drive. I too have good intentions after trying to get into my skinny jeans of this time last year and failing to get them past my knees... So you have inspired me and now I am off on my veggie shop, just after a nice cuppa and a choccy biscuit... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting Ruth - hope the veggie shop went well (bet the biscuit was good!)

      Delete
  2. I have not come across the Word of the Week linkup Katie, it looks interesting! Not sure if I could sustain a whole year.........look forward to reading your weekly summary! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite looking forward to joining in - thanks for visiting Penny x

      Delete
  3. That is a good word to kick off with, especially as you've been under the weather. It's also very pretty! Thanks for joining in, and whilst it would be lovely to have you every week, many people drop in and out, so there's no commitment needed! Welcome and thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i enjoyed doing my doodle! thanks for visiting and commenting, and I will see how frequently I manage to join in!

      Delete
  4. I hope you're all fighting fit soon. Why do these viruses always come around Xmas? Good luck in optimising your health, it is something I could benefit from doing. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as soon as the holidays arrive every time! thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  5. Wishing all the best for the New Year, I'm hoping our pre-Christmas illnesses were our lot for the year- I hope the same is true for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be lovely - a healthy year ahead in the truest sense! thanks for visiting x

      Delete
  6. healthy is a good way to start the year. surely you could squeeze in some very small pencils into your packing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes maybe! i did enjoy the colouring in! x

      Delete
  7. Good luck with this goal! Love the doodle. We did not get sick in 2014 but the sluggishness is just taking over us so I think its safe to say that being healthy is also number one in our goal this year. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting - and hope you have a healthy year ahead! x

      Delete
  8. I love this idea and what a great word to kick start the year with :) I'm wanting to learn some proper letter writing / calligraphy this year and have found found some online tutorials. I love to doodle too! Good luck with your health kick :)

    ReplyDelete