242. The first aubergine in our vegetable patch! This plant has long been the underdog, and didn't look like it would survive initially; now it is full of lilac flowers and I'm hopeful for a few aubergines over the next few weeks.
243. A bit of a theme for the next few photographs, as I seemed to keep forgetting about the photos this week, and kept having to do a few last minute shots before bed. First up was the candle on the dressing table as I got ready for bed on Monday night.
244. The first day back in work after the bank holiday weekend, and it was an early night, tucked up in bed, and enjoying the calm, tidy room after we had managed to clean the house on our days off, ready for the new month,
255. I had actually turned off the lights and was drifting off to sleep when I realised I had forgotten a picture, so apologies for the picture of some cushions on the floor but I was far too warm and sleepy to get back out of bed!
256. I bought two bunches of gladioli at the weekend, and they have brightened up the house all week. These white ones on the kitchen window look lovely, and the bright red ones in the hall are really striking. They always seem really good value, and last really well too.
257. Out for dinner celebrating a good friend's recent engagement. I took this picture of the dessert menu to send to The Husband, because he adores cannoli, and it is not common to find it on the menu here. I ordered it, but it wasn't a patch on the ones we have had in Italy, so he wasn't missing out too much!
258. Driving home from a superhero fancy dress party (in which I coloured my hair black for the night, and wore lycra in public - quite an experience all in all). Instead of sharing a picture of The Husband and I in costume with the internet, you instead get this picture of the console in our new car, which might be slightly less amusing, but we were very excited as this was the first time we had seen it in the dark!