200. After our four nights of camping we were looking forward to our first hotel stay very much and an explore of Glasgow. Alas just outside of the city our car started to make some rather unusual noises and so we had to pull over, join the AA (turns out we didn't have breakdown cover, won't be making that mistake again) and await rescue. After some lovely service from a very pleasant man named Ian we got back on our way after a few hours. By the time we arrived at our hotel, we were later than planned, The Husband spotted that Julie and Julia was just starting on television so we curled up with a film, and Millie in the dog bed that was provided for her. It did mean that we didn't get chance to see Glasgow but hopefully that's just an excuse for another trip some time in the future.
201. The final night of what felt like a lovely, long holiday, and this was the beautiful view out of the window of our hotel. These was just a small part of the gardens, which included a large kitchen garden that supplied much of our evening meal. Millie was in her element, and when there was a break in the wet weather we went for lovely long walk before dinner.
202. Millie's face in the car on the way home suggests she was not particularly happy at the thought of our holiday being over!
203. A bit of baking on my last day off, it was lovely to make some brownies, I haven't done any baking for a long time. I also used another shot of the eggshells for a post over on The Monochrome Muse this week.
204. Skies from the bedroom window on Thursday evening. I started reading Wuthering Heights for the first time, and the sight of these brooding clouds seemed like a fitting skyline for the first few chapters.
205. Glad to say that I almost forgot to take a picture as we had a lovely evening with my mum and step-dad on Friday night, as hoped. So here was the detritus from my word of the week doodle that I had left on the bedside table, that I snapped just as I went to bed.
206. We decided to go for an impromptu dinner on Saturday night to somewhere near home we hadn't tried before. Although there were a few problems with the main course all was forgiven when I had this beautiful peanut butter and jelly dessert. I had no idea what to expect when I ordered but it was absolutely delicious.