Sunday, March 22, 2015

365: week 12



74. Some home baking as part of our Mother's Day meal. Definitely started to feel like spring serving up this cake, especially on my favourite floral cake stand.




75. Visited a different part of London with work today and was brilliant to see some different sights as I travelled. The buildings around Westminster are beautiful, I love the history within the walls.




76. In the process of sorting out lots of the belongings we have stored in a spare bedroom. I found my clarinet from when I used at school and decided to order some new reeds and have a play. Lucky I did as Millie also found the old reeds and decided to have a play of her own.




77. Waiting to travel to dinner with friends after work. This building has popped up before in my 365 project this year, I do find it beautiful.




78. An antipasto platter out for dinner with The Husband before we went to watch a comedy show. One of those meals where I felt like I ordered exactly the right dish - no food envy here!




79. My attempts at a photo of the solar eclipse were somewhat scuppered by the clouds putting in an appearance. I still quite liked the photo although it wasn't as impressive as many of the others I saw!




80. Flowers and cake tied up with brown paper and string for a visit to my friend who has just got a brilliant new job. I love using brown paper to wrap up flowers and make them them look a bit more special.

Linking up with The Boy and Me

8 comments:

  1. I love parcels with brown paper and string too, almost no-one does it anymore x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems it might be a blogger thing from the comments here!! x

      Delete
  2. My favourite wrapping too! Or tissue paper and stripey twine! Wonderful days! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love making gifts look nicely wrapped, though I always seem to buy the most awkwardly shaped gifts! x

      Delete
  3. Brown paper is a joy. Love it. Your cake looks really delicious Katie X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Penny! I got some good family feedback for that cake - it was a Mary Berry recipe but seemed particularly light :) xx

      Delete
  4. i wrap everything in brown paper, have done for years. hugely underestimated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I use baking paper for cakes and flowers as I tend to always be in the kitchen, but I should buy some brown parcel paper for the wrapping up box too! thanks for visiting x

      Delete