Monday, April 01, 2019

first things first

The first of April.

The first day of a new week, a new month, and it feels like a new season as we start to adjust to the clocks going forward too!

The first time here as a mum of two boys, as our second son was born in December. There feels like too much to write to know where to start, so all I will say for now is that he is wonderful, happy and healthy, I found the pregnancy tough but the delivery went really well, and T has taken to being a big brother brilliantly. We are very lucky, if also a little exhausted.

The first trip to the library today in a few weeks, only to find that one of our favourite librarians is leaving. We first met him when I was on maternity leave with T, and the library became one of the first places I visited regularly, a haven to a new mum, and brimming with nostalgia as I attended story and song sessions in the same room that I had loved to visit with my own mum many years ago. T knows him by name and talks about him every time we pass the library, he encouraged me to attend the book group, where I made my first real "mum friends", and he will be sorely missed.

It has taken me far longer than it would seem to write the above, interspersed as it has been with multiple episodes of settling the baby back to sleep! I am going to leave it there, with a hope to be back again soon.






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I was so pleased to see your blog listing and then read your lovely news. I am glad that you are all well and thriving, although very busy I'm sure. I enjoyed reading about your trip to the library. I used to enjoy story time with my son (now 49) they had round cushions in different colours and the children listened to stories and a puppet show downstairs and there was coffee in the reading room for mums. So nice to hear too, that your older son has taken to his baby brother so well. Good wishes to you and your family, Jean/Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean, what a lovely message. I think libraries are a real haven for families, and I'm sure your sons have some wonderful memories of their visits too! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Katie, wonderful news. I am glad you are all doing ok. We used to go to the library a lot, it was a good place to meet mums and children. We don't often go now, too busy with life mostly but the Kindle and Audible are to blame, too. Enjoy the baby cuddles and the toddler ones, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Katie, that's wonderful news! I have fond memories of taking my boys to the library. They both loved borrowing books and taking part in all the activities that were put on. They even set up their own pretend library in the guest room. It was complete with videos to borrow with charges to pay. I used to sign them up each year for the summer reading challenge. As they aged, so the books were bigger, slowly they struggled to keep interest. Teen 1 was a keen reader with firm favourites such as Anthony Horowitz and Rick Riordan but chances are he'd read them already. Still it was a good idea. Take care and enjoy your boys they grow too quick. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete